thread

August 15th, 2011 | 985 Entries

Yo yo yo, the oneword™ podcast is back for Season 3.
click here to join in!

985 Entries for “thread”

1. What comes off of my clothing and clumps itself up into a little tangle and bugs the heck out of me when I try to rip it off and a new clump grows in a few days anyways. I feel like my clothing will fall apart if I don’t fix this, but there is no way to end this madness!

by Selin on 08.15.2011
  2. The last thread had broken. As the rope snapped above my grasping hands, I could feel a moment of relieve. My eyes widened, as wind began to rush past me, my arms still out-reaching for some life line, some connection to reality. But reality was coming up fast. I hold my breath. And wait.

3. The thread is white and I lost it.

by Di Castor on 08.15.2011
  4. Its a thread of life that connects all of us. Souls are all interconnect by the thread of life. This beautiful thread is made up of strands of experiences and memories. For every two souls that are connected, there is actually has a beautiful story. .

by Mehak on 08.15.2011
  5. Where to start? There was some gossip running around the other day. It said I was half as great as last week’s. I’m sure if we average it all out the true me must be somewhere in there. Then again, I’m not even too sure of that. There’s so much about me no one knows. I try to tell them, but they’re too busy listening to what the guy next to them’s saying about me.

by laetitia on 08.15.2011
  6. The sisters’ idle hands put to work
    While love found, lost, loathed
    a time to end, to begin, again

Let’s put away what’s made-that which does not belong to us…

7. The last thread had broken. As the rope snapped above my grasping hands, I could feel a moment of relieve. My eyes widened, as wind began to rush past me, my arms still out-reaching for some life line, some connection to reality. But reality was coming up fast.

by Mackenzie Z. on 08.15.2011
  8. thread, making my shirt, making me socks, my pants. so small, seemingly insignificant but really holding tapestry together so i don’t expose my dick and balls to everyone. Wow, never thought thread could be so useful.

by Ben on 08.15.2011
  9. thread is long thin, light and woven. threads of lies, threads of story, thread can weave and go in and out and back and forth and go around themselves.

by Cat on 08.15.2011
  10. The thread of the story, the thread that’s come loose in the toe of my grey tights… oops! Plaiting my hair, now I’m losing the thread… it’s too early in the day!

11. A thread begins. Like a dream. With a purpose. An intent on going somewhere. It consists of many small strings tightly bound together in an intricate pattern. It is impossible to see where one ends and another begins.

by Olivia on 08.15.2011
  12. Thread is made from weaving stuff together. It can come in many different colors and thicknesses. It’s beautiful. It can make beautiful things.
    It can also make beautiful things. Thread can make beautiful gowns, embroidery, and other such things. It can make fabrics that make women more gorgeous than they already are.

by Mary on 08.15.2011
  13. i like to sew.. its sort of sad since im a guy. not only do i like doing it, but im pretty good at it. whenever i tell someone who isnt my mother, they laugh and make fun of me. but when they loose a button, who’ll be cryin then? i suppose it is useful in some ways.

by Zachary Zaret on 08.15.2011
  14. The color of her thread is red. She sits in her rocking chair sewing trying to think how to say what’s on her mind. She hates to tell her husband, but he has to know the truth.

15. to sew and many things together, you can fix things, or make things. Things that will help to make you look nicer or just things that you want. thread also rhymes with bread, bread, which is not what comes out of a toaster, weird how something changes… lots of things change. people change, that’s sometimes a sad thing and sometimes its a good thing, and maybe if it seems sad at first it changes into something wonderful. like toast. You can never tell how somethings going to end up no matter what you’re doing whether its making toast, or fixing something with a sewing needle, just like life you can do whatever you can but you never know how it will end, or why things happened the way they did.

by layne Ongman on 08.15.2011
  16. Threadless shirts are pretty cool if you are hipster I suppose. Threads’s loose on my comforter I need to cut it before it runs. So many things to do so little time to get them done. Time to go to bed I have to get up early. I don’t want to sleep but I will be sorry if I don’t

by sf on 08.15.2011
  17. Thread, well I don’t really know what to say about thread. In a creative manner, I think of thread as life. As in, the pieces of our lives are like the threads to a blanket. Each piece holds it together, and even if one piece is missing, something about the blanket just isn’t right.

by Doniana on 08.15.2011
  18. I really love thread particularly if it is in bright colors. Thread can be light such as sewing machine threader or it can be heavy such as yarn. It can even be made into fabric. A thread can also be a strand of thought through a conversation or piece of writing. I enjoy following a thread in a piece of literature.

19. If the thread count isn’t great enough, then I won’t have a good enough sleep tonight. If I don’t have a good enough sleep tonight, then I will be cranky tomorrow. If I am cranky tomorrow, then I will spill my coffee in frustration. If I spill my coffee in frustration, then I will burn my pants. If I burn my pants, the world will end.

If the thread count isn’t great enough, then the world will end.

20. details on the fabric…

by Crazysillyme on 08.15.2011
  21. the boy pulled the last thread out of his last shirt only to reveal his glowing white flesh. everything about him made me tear up, his bones almost ripping out of his translucent skin made me want to cry.

by Kayea on 08.15.2011
  22. Thread makes me think of the beginning of fashion you always need thread to make clothes and that is how we make the material things we covet so badly. Thread, one simple string starts an evolution in our behavior.

by Vanessa on 08.15.2011
  23. Thread or threading is something that you do with words to make a story. Threading can also be done with memories. by threading these together you get stories and magnificent tales of adventure and excitement. This can also mean threading two peoples hearts which is a sign of love.

by J-smooth on 08.15.2011
  24. Thread? why such a word? Dr. Zed, help me it hurts.
    If I only I had another word, instead of Thread.

by Matty on 08.15.2011
  25. cord something that holds all of our clothes together, without it we would not beable to sew anything together, used for projects can be made from different things such as cotton. Comes in different colors, usually not expesive. I like to use it to make bracelets and keep things together.s

by Rosy on 08.15.2011
  26. Connecting People …

Hanging in There
    Reaching an audience
    Sewing
    : )

27. my favorite part of the day is when my friends and i have an ongoing thread about absolutely nothing. it makes me happy the the simplest things can make me happy when i’m in a terrible mood.

by abab on 08.15.2011
  28. is for sewing, you and use it in a needle and i a sewing machine. sewing is good for those that have holes in their socks. they should learn how to sew them up. New socks are so good sren’t they? i think so. I love a good new sock, in a new shoe. Train of thought process is funny dont you think?

by Emily on 08.15.2011
  29. needle and thread. seem to be the pair that can mend anything. Now tell me, though, is it possible for you to mend a broken heart with simply a needle and thread? stitch back together a pile of memories, and the remains of the unravelling mess?

by lindsey on 08.15.2011
  30. Just like life, all clothes, despite their monetary worth, will fall apart thread by thread in the end. Take all the chances you can and don’t let a single second pass you by. Wealth isn’t everything, live life to it’s fullest.

by Niki on 08.15.2011
  31. Thread becomes more than it is. Woven and twisted, warp and woof become fabric, tightly bound and a new thing.

by gwen aber on 08.15.2011
  32. the tiny little things all over my clothes and other things that are made of fabric. they hold alot together. and come in many colors. its pretty cool actually. idk what else to say…

by lauren on 08.15.2011
  33. my aunt taught me how to sew a little pillow when i was younger. my grandma always has thread in this little compartment with a whole bunch of different colors. i feel like thread can be used as a metaphor for foundation, since the combination of thread is what can create a masterpiece.

34. fear, anger, i fell thread when im not with you, when you are far. i fear life will get me, eat me and destroy me. i love you! but you dont now and thats scary. hell if a could say anything… but thats threatening too.. i fell as if life is getting out of my hands!!!!!!!

by Hel on 08.15.2011
  35. i cant seem to say that word above me
    its a string
    its a very thin line of fabric
    its smooth
    and small
    and you cant really find it
    not even in your bed
    its thread

by julie morales on 08.15.2011
  36. threads can be of different colors. I like them in lots of colors. threads can be used for many many purposes. i remember the kite also from thread.

by Mansi on 08.15.2011
  37. a thread is a small combination of fibers that you use to sew with. you thread a thread through a needle. you might write on a thread online.

by lindsey on 08.15.2011
  38. the needle captures the thread through the needle point fixture of the yellow posies that stand on the pillow she makes for him. as she lifts her hand to create the next stitch, there is suddenly a break in her work. she stops, waits to search for the mistake. Why did she stop? What was she waiting for? thought the boy. She turned her head toward him, her eyes fixed on his own eyes. He was speechless.

by Anna on 08.15.2011
  39. i just want to sow but i need thread and i don’t know where i can buy thread.. do i want red, blue, black, or white thread? There are so many choice because i can only chose one color and even if it matches with gray?

by julie morales on 08.15.2011
  40. it is a peice of srting that comes from your jacket and falls into your lap because you pull it out of a sock and it goes like that and you can reswe it into any of your other clothing maiking the clothing unique and different than any other clothing you can think of because it has that special thread the magic thread that hold it together.

by Scott on 08.15.2011