thread

August 15th, 2011 | 985 Entries

Yo yo yo, the oneword™ podcast is back for Season 3.
click here to join in!

985 Entries for “thread”

1. Threads are the things that keep clothes together. they also are invisible lines that are in friendships and relationships, even family. threads keep things together and they make sure things don’t get torn apart. usually they don’t break

by Madi on 08.15.2011
  2. Eh yao check it. I be threading this through like needle and string. I comment on your face like a thread with a sting. Because my words sting like needles and you’re face is like a quilt. but I don’t feel no guilt. Because that’s how I do it. Shoot I’m out of time. And i’m out of rhymes. i lied.

by jerjer on 08.15.2011
  3. there was a peice of thread on the floor. we needed to pick it up and throw it away, but there was a mouse.

by Diana on 08.15.2011
  4. thread, thick, thin, corse, silk, cotton, It can be used to sew a hole closed, or make a simple garmet more beautiful by embroidering it. It can be bright and stand out, or it can be the same and blend it, it comes in all textures and colours. Its beautiful, simple and elegent.

by La on 08.15.2011
  5. We are all hanging by a thread, tunneling deep down into the rich soil of the earth. The light above grows faint, like the pulsing of a distant star and we trickle closer, further down into nothing at all.

6. thread? needle in the thread. I can’t sew. can you? I tried to sew in 6th grade and I cried. I cried and cried. did I cry? oh yes I did! I cried indeed! oh. well. I did successfully sew in 2nd grade. I made a quilt the size of an iPad. of course, iPad’s were not around in 2000. yeah. I still have my quilt. I think.

by Tommy Edwards on 08.15.2011
  7. Omg, so excited for teen wolf and degrassi right now i cant even focus on the word!!! the word is too boring, not like degrassi of teen wolf, AHHHH i love mondays :) <3

8. Needles and thread. Thread is useful. Perhaps you use it to mend that shirt you always wear on nights when you feel like eating three tubs of ice cream. Maybe you use it to sew the edges of the pillow you’re making for your favorite cat together. Mayhaps, you use it to sew a new pair of shorts, or even to embroider your best mittens. Whatever way you put it, thread is great. Even though it is often difficult to thread it through that nifty needle.

by Rilke on 08.15.2011
  9. Threads are what hold everything together. They always talk about the fabric of existence, but what of the thread insuring that each patch of fabric is held in it’s fated place? The threads are the unsung heroes of life.

by B on 08.15.2011
  10. The thimble was nickel plated, machined with dots for grip, a bit of thumb armor against the barbarous needle. The thread was acetate, black, like hair. She sewed.

by Tom Rubenoff on 08.15.2011
  11. once there was a little girl with a red piece of thread, she wanted to put it in a safe place so the wolf could not get to it. she found a nice mushroom to hide it under. It was orange and had white spots. The thread was safe forever.

by sierra messer on 08.15.2011
  12. There’s a thread that holds us all together. Birth, life, death, mother, child, grandchild. My heart to yours, my hand to yours. My fears, my excitment….we’re all connected through the thread that hold us all together.

by Stephanie on 08.15.2011
  13. thin sharp smooth colorful cutting thin sew clothes money connections store jeans shirts sweaters cord material fabric bags retail cost

by becca on 08.15.2011
  14. Trying to get the thread into the needle yesterday was as hard as trying to avoid chessecake in front of my eyes while on a strict diet. In the end i did it, I sewed my pants just like I would eat that piece of strawberry chessecake.

15. Just a thread in the corner, sighing in the breeze.
    Shuddering beyond our life of things that we can’t see.
    Waiting for a moment to steal the sunlight back.
    Sitting all alone beyond our wildest moment’s grasp.

16. is the thread like what comic book writers say about the conyinuation of a super hero story, so is my life a thread? am i as interesting as spiderman or as brave as superman or as dark and brooding and sad as batman? i dont know maybe i should read more comics and just pret

by George Doll on 08.15.2011
  17. Thread, thread, thread. I should be making more plushies for friends, but I have limited felt fabric! And not only that, I still need to give my friend her plushie I made for her. I hope she likes it. And I think I should upload a pic of it for her since she can’t contain her excitement.

18. he wound the thread around his finger, watching the tip turn red, then purple, then black. Sometimes he was sure that his head was doing this very same thing, at night, when everyone else was asleep and he felt the slip.

19. i pull at the needle and it tugs on the delicate thread…grasping at the tiny straws that used to be the fabric of my soul. There’s emptiness now, as my soul hangs from the eye of the word’s needle point, razor edge. It swings in the warm breeze of your breath, clingly delicately to your words. Hoping, that you won’t let it fall, forgotten, to the floor.

by Kat on 08.15.2011
  20. i remember reading that line back when I was in theater. Under that warm glowing lantern, I repeated the part over and over, until the door bell rang. It was him, continuing my thread.

by Jolene on 08.15.2011
  21. A silly little string stumbled upon my shirt this morning. i picked it off, wondering, “where did this one come from?” It’s a strange thing, isn’t it? Where do things come from? How did it get here, how did i get here?

by bridget on 08.15.2011
  22. yarn emotion loom weaving. weaving it’s way through the world building a community of color. creating a pattern a message.

by Dasselle on 08.15.2011
  23. Thread falls of a spool like liquid, straight into a thin, sharp needle. This incredibly thin, sharp, silver stick penetrates fabrics, paper; virtually anything your little heart may desire. You can create clothing, or designs, embroidery–anything, can you imagine? By just one, little, coloured thread.

24. The thread is pushed through the eye of a needle, and passed through the cloth. The thread binds together the pieces, making into one whole disparate pieces, nothing apart. Ties that bind.

by Joe V on 08.15.2011
  25. He posted a comment to the thread, and it was funny. Also, I used a thread and needle to sew the shirt back together.

by Michael on 08.15.2011
  26. and to to piece together everything i knew in my brain, so simply so easily like a needle going in and out and in and out again with a piece of thread made me think maybe my brain isn’t so complicated maybe theres a reason for all this. maybe I’m not so crazy. maybe i will be fine in the end after all.

by Courtney on 08.15.2011
  27. the thread was waxed and slippery. my fingers tried to grip it even tighter but it wasnt worth it. my fingers slipped and i fell. thats it im thinking. im done i love this world and i hope it also loves me. what i did and what i could have done is nothing to me anymore. goodbye.

by William on 08.15.2011
  28. What is thread made out of? Isn’t it made of just… thread? I’ve always wondered that. Since I watched some movie about a guy and a rat and how he made thread. Thread is just thread. Amazing.

29. I am hanging by a thread. I have so many things to do and all I would want for the rest of the week is find peace. Life is getting complicated. And I have no choice but to get along with it…

30. Things fall apart and come together with a tread. Sometimes you can sue them back together other times you have to watch it unravel. It comes in many different colors and many different fabrics but they all fall apart in time.

by Michelle on 08.15.2011
  31. Threads that hold things together, interweaving and binding. Intricacy and simplicity woven together to create. Binding tightening, fixing and restraining. Making pattens and pictures; practicality and decoration.

by Bekka Hill on 08.15.2011
  32. The common thread that held us together was music–the desire in both of us to be possessed by song. We sat for hours, tapping out rhythms on tables and pounding out pieces on the piano. We talked for hours about music, without a care in the world.

33. Thin, soft, My life is being lived on a thread, a thread of hope, a thread of existence. Most all of us are in the same boat. Hope we can all learn to get along.

by JoyJoy on 08.15.2011
  34. thread, is what keeps us together in the cold of the winter and the heat of the sun. thread? thread of what. of messages. of string. rope. yarn. thread, keep me in your thread. in your thoughts. in the thoughts you have before you sleep at night: some that keep you up, some that you dream. thread of life is the formation of relationships. i would be no where with out my friends, my family, my clothes. you know that funny thing that happens when you say a single word out loud too many times? the word then begins to loose meaning. that’s kind of what happened to me just now because i wasn’t thinking about anything in particular, just the word thread. and now it means nothing to me.

by Nora O'Connell on 08.15.2011
  35. Thread. Comment thread? needle pulling thread? thread. Importance. Thread is what holds together our very existence. a thread and needle pulled together the best thing.

by nona on 08.15.2011
  36. Thread. That string used to sew up holes in clothes. The twine the holds things together. Thread is not just a material, its something that connects us to each other, something that is needed to exist.

by Beverly on 08.15.2011
  37. what goes in the sewing machine to make my comforter cover that the maj has helped me design and create. what holds together the quilts maj and grandma make with love. thin. breakable. but strong. tiny string. threads all over my pants and clothes from laying on the floor in the sewing room. thread of messages on facebook.

by Andrea on 08.15.2011
  38. i thread needles so i can sew something beautiful from the imagination of my mind, they can be flowers, birds, the sun, trees children I thread to see what others are talking about on their communication threads umm i thread earrings because i love earrings always have big ones shiny

39. is something you use to sew and for other crafts. I love embroidery thread for friendship bracelets. I learned how to make lots of bracelets at camp. It was a lot of fun but i didn’t finish many. I should work on them in the car tomorrow.

by Courtney on 08.15.2011
  40. All it takes is one thread to make a rope. Only one person is needed for this. a lowly spider is capable of making a \

by Joy on 08.15.2011